Data policyClick here for German data policy
3 Data collected
When you use Let’sQuip, we collect the following personal data from you. Among other things, we need this data to provide you with our platform, to optimise it or to present you with relevant content.
3.1 Data we automatically collect when you use Let’sQuip
When you use Let’sQuip, we automatically collect information, including personal data, about the services you use and how you use them. We need this information to enable us to adequately perform the contract between you and us and our legal obligations. In addition, this data serves our legitimate interest in improving the functions and operations of the Let’sQuip search engine.
- Usage Data. We collect information about your interaction on the website, i.e. for example the pages or other content viewed, your searches or other actions on the Let’sQuip website.
- Log Data. We automatically collect log information when you use the Let’sQuip website, even if you do not have a Let’sQuip account or are not logged in. This information includes, but is not limited to, platform usage details, IP address, length of stay, frequency of visits, hardware and software information, device information, device event information (such as crashes or browser type), unique identifiers, cookie data, and the websites you accessed or interacted with before or after you used Let’sQuip.
3.2 Data we collect from third parties.
Let’sQuip may collect data, including personal data, that others submit about you when you use the Let’sQuip website or collect information from other sources and combine it with the data we collect through the website. We do not control, monitor, or have any liability for the manner in which third parties who provide your data process your personal data, and any request for information regarding the sharing of your personal data with us should be directed to those third parties.
- Third party services. When you log into Let’sQuip through a social network (e.g. Google, Facebook, Instagram), the relevant third party company may provide us with information about your registration and profile information from that network. The nature and extent of this information may vary and is controlled by the relevant service provider or depends on your privacy settings on that service.
- Background information. We may obtain extracts from criminal conviction records or registered sex offender database records to the extent permitted by law. We may use your information, i.e. your full name, to obtain such extracts.
- Other sources. Let’sQuip may, to the extent permitted by law, collect other information about you e.g. demographic data, fraud detection information or data from partner and third party credit reference agencies and combine this with our information about you.
3.3 California "Shine the Light" Law
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our websites who are residents of the State of California to request certain information about the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
4 Use of data
We use, store and process your information to provide and improve Let’sQuip and to ensure a safe and trusted experience. For example, we may use your information for the following purposes:
4.1 Provide and improve our services
- Access and use the Let’sQuip search engine
- Customer support
- Improve the website, e.g. through personalized or tailored user experiences.
- Measuring performance of services and improving our content and design.
- If you provide us or our service providers with information about other people in connection with Let’sQuip, we may use it for fraud detection and prevention measures and for any other purpose you agree to at the time of collection.
4.2 Ensuring a safe and secure user experience
- Verify your identity or confirm the information you provide, for example, when creating your account or resetting your password.
- Resolving disputes and resolving technical issues
- Detect, prevent and/or avoid fraud, abuse, security incidents or other potentially harmful, prohibited or unlawful activities.
- Detection, prevention or avoidance of violations and enforcement of our terms and policies
- Managing and protecting our IT infrastructure
- Conducting investigations and risk assessments
- Checking against databases and information sources (especially government databases)
- Complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes with Let’sQuip users and enforcing our agreements.
In this regard, we reserve the right to do any or all of the above to the extent permitted by law without prior notice to you.
4.3 Communication and Marketing
- Targeted marketing, notification of service updates and communication of promotions and special offers based on your communication preferences.
- Administration of referral programmes, rewards, studies, contests and other promotional activities or sponsored events.
4.4 Google Analytics
Let’sQuip uses the service "Google Analytics", which is offered by Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA) to analyse website usage by users. The service uses "cookies" - text files that are stored on your device. The information collected by the cookies is usually sent to a Google server in the USA and stored there. This website uses IP anonymisation. The IP address of the user is shortened within the member states of the EU and the European Economic Area. This shortening eliminates the personal reference of your IP address. Under the terms of the data sharing agreement that ShareSpace UG (haftungsbeschränkt) has concluded with Google Inc., Google Inc. uses the collected information to evaluate website usage and website activity and to provide services related to internet usage. You have the option of preventing the storage of cookies on your device by making the appropriate settings in your browser. It is not guaranteed that you will be able to access all functions of this website without restrictions if your browser does not allow cookies. Furthermore, you can use a browser plug-in to prevent the information collected by cookies (including IP address) from being sent to and used by Google Inc. The following link will take you to the corresponding plugin: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout Here you can find more information on the use of data by Google Inc:https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
We will retain your information for as long as is reasonably necessary and relevant to our services.
As of October 2022